Jump to: EG25-G + fwupd (00:30) Cross-distro PinePhone kernel + bootloader (17:51) unudhcpd (23:46) OnePlus 9 Mainline (34:01) mainline.space (39:10) iwd (46:20) FOSDEM 2022 (53:49)Download as .opus Download as .mp3
An easy way to upgrade the PinePhone's modem to Biktor's firmware is quite the puzzle to solve. Dylan has been finding and patching one piece after another, and elaborates what the whole picture with fwupd looks like. Besides that, we get into a lot of mainlining related topics and even answer one listener question.
Featuring @craftyguy, @MartijnBraam, @calebccff, @dylanvanassche, @PureTryOut, @ollieparanoid (in order of appearance).
Referenced in this episode:
EG25-G + fwupd
Cross-distro PinePhone kernel + bootloader efforts
- gitlab project
- !6: glibc fix
OnePlus 9 / 9 Pro Mainline (SoC: SM8350)
- Talk at Embedded Linux Conference: The New Wi-Fi Experience for Linux
- Action plan in pma#1379: Roll out iwd instead of wpa_supplicant in pmOS
- pmb!2133 implemented the kconfig check
- Related comment in pma#973: Pinephone: reduce WiFi reconnection time after deep sleep
FOSDEM 2022 is next weekend - 5th and 6th of February!
- FOSS on Mobile Devices devroom (track schedule)
Editing by: @MartijnBraam, Music by: The Passion HiFi