Dylan joins the team! And besides the usual bunch of news, we learn how Martijn's kitchen counter is involved with the upcoming homepage redesign. The questions section covers what's so great about Alpine, and what mobile-config-firefox is all about.
Send in your questions with #postmarketOSpodcast on Mastodon!
Featuring @craftyguy, @MartijnBraam, @PureTryOut, @z3ntu, @ollieparanoid, @dylanvanassche (in order of appearance).
Referenced in this episode:
- Dylan Van Assche regarding Sailfish: End of an era
- pine64-pinephone: eg25-g modem improvements (now merged!)
- v21.03 Release
- Rename release channels to the branch names, except for edge
- Release will be out on 31st of March, check postmarketos.org then for more information :)
- main/linux-postmarketos-qcom-msm8974: upgrade to 5.11.10
- Wiki: Applications by category
- Contributed by: @alpabrz, @Newbyte, @Railroadmanualjimmy, @ollieparanoid
- related discussion
- PowerVR SGX Acceleration
- Why Alpine
- Alpine Releases and their support timeframes
- Building a distro with musl libc: Why and how Alpine Linux did it (Video, FOSDEM 2017)
- Alpine's package manager doing well in Linux package managers are slow (2019)
- Allan McRae from Arch Linux pointed out that the benchmarks are not accurate though (didn't know that at time of recording), hopefully the author does them again at some point (looks like it form the notes on top of the blog post).
- From experience we know that Alpine's package manager is one of the
fastest out there.
- For people curious about optimizing package manager speed, check out distri
Editing by: @craftyguy, Music by: The Passion HiFi